Hello and thanks for checking out Epic Campers!
We’re an independent, owner-operated rentals company based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Our fleet of 2-person self-contained campervans are modern, high-quality, and affordable.
We're passionate about campervans and travelling and pride ourselves on treating every customer the same way we’d like to be treated. You'll get personalised service and on-road support directly from us, giving you complete peace of mind on your trip.
Our campers are fully kitted out to ensure you get around New Zealand in comfort, checking out our country’s epic scenery, beaches, walks, vineyards and sheep (whatever floats your boat!).
All of our vans are high-roofed Mazda Bongos (2011 or newer) which we’ve professionally converted into certified self-contained, 2-person campervans. They all have less than 150,000 km's on the clock and were fitted-out in 2018 or 2019, meaning they're very reliable and in great shape.
Self containment means you are free to camp anywhere you want (apart from restricted areas of course) including NZ's many free camping sites, saving you campsite fees and giving you maximum freedom on your adventure.
Our vans are compact, making them way easier to drive and park than a high top camper or motorhome. The open plan living area gives you plenty of space in the back, with a huge comfy double bed which converts into an interior seating / dining area.
Open the tailgate and you'll find a fully equipped kitchenette including quality 21L fridge, sink with motorised water tap / hose, 2-burner gas cooker, and all the utensils you need to cook up a storm.
Our vans have a dual battery system so you can run the fridge, water tap, LED lights and bluetooth stereo as well as charge your devices without getting a flat battery.
All of our campers feature:
- Efficient 21L Waeco fridge
- Sink and 2m hose tap with motorised pump (great for washing your feet after the beach)
- Powerful 2-burner gas cooker (upgraded model from the one in the photos)
- Large super-comfy double bed (2m x 1.45M)
- Seating / inside dining area with sturdy center table
- Dual battery system so you can listen to music / run the fridge / charge your devices
- 25L fresh drinking water and grey water tanks with professional plumbing and easy fill up system
- Portable cassette toilet in case you get caught short (and required to be self-contained certified)
- Stereo with either bluetooth and/or aux input, so you can plug in your phone and listen to your favourite playlists
- 2x Interior LED lights inc one on the tailgate to allow you to cook in the dark
- USB powerpoints in the cab and rear, so you can charge your devices at night and when driving
- Ability to access the van from the rear and the side door, for extra convenience
- Aircon, power-steering, dual airbags and ABS braking
Included with your camper you'll get:
- Bed linen, 2 x pillows and duvet
- 2 x bath towels, tea towel, cloth
- Cutlery, plates & bowls
- Plastic cups & enamel mugs
- Non-stick frying pan, saucepan and kettle
- Standard cooking utensils
- Chopping board & platter
- 1x Free gas canister for cooker (option for larger 2kg tank for longer hires)
- Coffee plunger / cafetiere
- 24/7 AA Roadside breakdown assistance
- Unlimited kilometres
- 2 x drivers
- NZ sim card for your phone
- Phone holder in the cab
- Insect nets for the windows, so you don't get bitten by mozzies while you sleep!
- On road support from us (the owners at Epic) via Whatsapp / SMS / Messenger, to solve any issues that may arise
Finally we have a range of optional extras available. Check out our website:
**Pricing & Availability**
It's difficult for us to keep each vehicle's availability and pricing updated, so if you're interested in booking we recommend getting in touch as soon as possible either via Outdoorsy or direct email to: . We may also be able to offer a lower rate than shown here, depending on your dates.
Also, if you have any questions about the campervan, or general ones about travelling in NZ, flick us an email. We are happy to help.
Some other useful links:
- Our website's FAQ for info re insurance, bonds etc:
- Independent customer reviews:
- Our video giving you a taste of what lies in store in Epic NZ:
- Facebook message us:
We hope to meet you soon!
Andy & Cindy @ Epic Campers.